Due to the coronavirus outbreak, this year’s BrightonSEO conference was held online and free of charge on October 1-2. I had the opportunity to watch esteemed speakers and their stimulating presentations. I bet that after reviewing these presentations and making the recommended actions a part of your SEO work, you will get much better results from your SEO projects.
- 5 Reasons to Love Fuzzy Lookup – Marco Bonomo
Excel Fuzzy Lookup allows fuzzy matching of pretty much any set of data, representing a flexible solution for cutting down manual redirect mapping.
2. An SEO’s Guide to Website Migrations – Faye Watt
How to perform a successful website migration, how to redirect a domain, sharing a migration timeline template & more!
3. Automating Google Lighthouse – Hamlet Batista
Google Lighthouse is super valuable but it only checks one page at a time. Hamlet shows you how to get it to check all pages of a site.
4. Technical SEO Competitive Analysis – Niki Mosier
Staying on top of what competitors are doing is an important part of any marketing initiative. There is a lot of valuable information we can learn.
5. Content Audits: How We Use Search Intent To Identify A Goldmine Of Opportunities – Paul Wilkinson
How to use search intent to identify a goldmine of existing content opportunities.
6. Designing for Digital PR – Jazmin Batisti
Content quality is a big deal when pitching creative campaigns to journalists. Alongside the data, story and copy, the design of a campaign can make or break it.
7. Earning High-Quality Links with Little or No Content Pieces – Hana Bednarova
Hana talked about tactics she uses to build links without any large content pieces.
8. Esoteric SEO Tips I Hope You Don’t Already Know – Oliver Mason
Most of the SEO tips shared in this talk won’t be useful immediately or ever, but knowing about them now may save you a substantial headache in the future.
9. Getting Started with Python and Machine Learning for SEO – Ruth Everett
Find out how Python and Machine Learning can be used to save you time and help you understand your website better.
10. Hacking Keyword Research -Judith Lewis
Practical advice for getting to grips with the existing content on the site, how it is working for you, how to identify opportunities to optimise, how to handle the changes in the content on the site, the fears common when deleting existing content, managing clients or bosses when looking at removing or repurposing content they are emotionally wedded to but which does not work, and more.
11. How App Indexation Works – Serena Pearson
How App Indexation Works’ will talk you through what Firebase App Indexation actually is, what it means for your business, and the step-by-step process on how to implement it for your mobile applications.
12. How To Build Links To Product Pages Without Looking Like A Spammer – Laura Slingo
Linking to product pages – looks a little spammy and unnatural, right? Not necessarily. From anchor text analysis and technical link prospecting to asset identification and writing killer pitches, this is how to build savvy links to sales pages and get your products ranking.
13. How to Build a Scalable Content Production System – Gareth Simpson
Learn how to build a scalable content production system easily.
14. Mastering The API and Having Fun Along The Way – Chris Johnson
15. Punching Above Your Weight: From Almost Nowhere to Beating the Big Names – Natalie Arney
This presentation is relevant to agency, client and freelance/contractors, particularly those who have smaller clients as a step up to management.
16. Smart Link Prospecting or How you Can Find the Most Responsive Link Building Contacts – Alexandra Tachalova
Even average content could easily be promoted to the top of Google if you could spot to which sites you need to reach out.
17. Thank U (Rel) Next – State of Retail Pagination 1Y Later – Orit Mutznik
One year ago Google finally decided to tell the search community that rel=”next” and rel=”prev” haven’t been used in years. Based on UK retail sector, Orit Mutznik explained the current status after Google’s announcment.
18. Going Solo – The Survival Guide for Freelance SEOs (Present & Future) – Steve Morgan
The Survival Guide for Freelance SEOs (Present & Future)
19. The Future of Digital PR: Are Hero Campaigns a Thing of The Past? – Jane Hunt
Jane shared what her team has learnt during the Covid-19 crisis, the importance of working with all stakeholders and having a more agile and blended approach to Digital PR.
20. What I learned From Analysing Thousands of Robots.txt Files – Sam Gipson
This talk covered an analysis of current Robots.txt usage by some of the top ranking sites accross key verticals, uncovering some interesting statistics and some of the most common implementation mistakes.
21. Why Your Culture Is More Important Than Your SEO? – Sean Butcher
Psychological safety in the workplace, and why it creates a culture of performance, confidence, learning and innovation.
22. Why Comparable Entity Mining Should be An Integral Part of Your Keyword Research – Dateme Tubotamuno
A comparative analysis of entities will generate semantic related terms, better context around target keywords, and an interesting perspective to understanding customer intent in 2020 and beyond.